24 June 2008

Chimanimani, Part III

I really am not qualified to describe this next part of our visit to Chimanimani, as I spent the time snoozing in our chalet and not actually going on the hike. But since I went on the hike seven years ago, and since I have the photos, and since nobody else in my family has the time to post to the blog, I will go ahead without qualifications and post anyway!

.

After a late lunch during which all manner of tasty surprises emerged (a benefit of non-coordinated group camping), the more adventurous of our group (those not desperately in need of a nap, or at least too stubborn to succumb) headed off to the waterfall - an amazing long drop of surrounded by verdant forests.


.
The bold swam in the icy waters of the pool at the base of the waterfall. For others, scampering around the rocks surrounding the pools naked nudie was more fun.